POSITION: General Counsel
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: CEO
COMPENSATION: Salaried ($175,000 Commensurate with Experience), Bonus Plan, Full Benefits
Based in Silicon Valley, Bridgepointe was founded in 2002 on the principle that businesses need a strategic partner and advocate when procuring, implementing, and maintaining IT services and infrastructure. The Company’s IT Strategists offer business leaders direct access to a large portfolio of vendor-agnostic solutions, employing a six-step model that starts with getting to know a client’s business, challenges, and goals and culminates in recommendations and support around supplier selection. Bridgepointe’s expert IT Strategists help clients achieve optimal IT results without costly consulting agreements.
In January 2022, Bridgepointe announced a strategic growth investment from Charlesbank Capital Partners, raising more than $100 million as part of the transaction to fuel organic growth and fund acquisitions. Following this investment, Bridgepointe is building a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and highly successful corporate team.
The General Counsel manages projects and negotiations with attention to detail, acts a liaison to outside counsel where applicable, with a desire to meet high standards for work product and be able to collaborate effectively with a demanding internal and external client base. They support overseeing all legal matters of the business, including acting as the business’ legal representative and advising executive members on new laws, existing laws, and legal rights that would impact the functionality of the business. Additionally, they may support M&A transactions and provide support on a wide variety of deals, particularly M&A and private equity deals.
THE GENERAL COUNSEL WILL:
- Serve as the primary legal advisor in planning and directing applicable aspects of BPT’s legal affairs and ensures all business policies and activities are managed correctly and in compliance with both current laws and client requirements.
- As needed, work with outside counsel to assist in the drafting, review, negotiation, and an analysis of a variety of commercial M&A letters of Intent, asset and stock purchase agreements, and contract agreements, including distribution, supply, services, licenses, and employment agreements.
- Have experience with corporate due diligence projects, familiarity with corporate governance principles, and the ability to manage complex transactions to closing.
- Execute multiple high impact initiatives to achieve overall corporate goals.
- Lead the defense of the organization in lawsuits and the prosecution of lawsuits on behalf of the organization against others.
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s legal documents and operations to include articles of incorporation, by-laws, and all contractual documents binding the company.
- Assist in client contract negotiations and contract management.
- Assist in Supplier contract negotiations and contract management.
- Assist in Independent contractor agreements and negotiations.
- Assist in the review and negotiation of all vendor and real estate agreements.
- Lead corporate efforts to maintain compliance with independent contractor laws.
- Ensure that all company communications, contracts, documents, filings, and press releases undergo a legal review.
- Communicate with outside counsel.
- Ensure that all SEC company requirements are timely met.
- Manage and maintain corporate liability, cyber, and Directors and Officers Insurance including regular reviews of the evolving business needs, levels of insurance, and recommendations of what needs to be amended and to what levels up or down.
- Achieve goals through collaboration, effective communication, and successful execution.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFICIENCIES:
- J.D. from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Knowledge and experience of M&A contracts
- Member of California Bar or member in good standing of the State Bar of another state is a plus.
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to senior officials on a wide range of legal and policy issues.
- Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact on all facets of a public company.
- Experience dealing with and managing through various bankruptcy outcomes that our clients, suppliers, or other business relationships may face and how to protect Bridgepointe’s interest if that were to occur.
- 90% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Care benefits
- HSA Plans
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company-paid AD&D and Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay including Management Incentive Program
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible and innovative work environment
To apply for this position please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and fit for this role to Talent.Acquisition@bpt3.net.