POSITION: Corporate Controller
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: CFO
COMPENSATION: $150,000 – $200,000 Annually
ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION: Incentive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Plan
The Corporate Controller is expected to provide financial and accounting leadership across the consolidated activities of Bridgepointe Technologies, LLC, including but not limited to activities related to the closing and consolidation of monthly financial statements, management of the day-to-day core accounting functions, management and development of the accounting team, interface with internal and external stakeholders and drive process improvement throughout the accounting department and across the business. As Bridgepointe is a private equity, highly acquisitive, technology-oriented business, preference will be given to candidates who possess prior experience operating successfully in these areas. As a direct report to the CFO, this person will be a member of the senior leadership team.
Based in Silicon Valley, Bridgepointe was founded in 2002 on the principle that businesses need a strategic partner and advocate when procuring, implementing, and maintaining IT services and infrastructure. The Company’s IT Strategists offer business leaders direct access to a large portfolio of vendor-agnostic solutions, employing a six-step model that starts with getting to know a client’s business, challenges, and goals and culminates in recommendations and support around supplier selection. Bridgepointe’s expert IT Strategists help clients achieve optimal IT results without costly consulting agreements.
In January 2022, Bridgepointe announced a strategic growth investment from Charlesbank Capital Partners, raising more than $100 million as part of the transaction to fuel organic growth and fund acquisitions. Following this investment, Bridgepointe is building a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and highly successful corporate team.
The Corporate Controller manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, serves as a liaison to outside advisors, such as auditors, tax advisors, valuation and technical service providers. In addition, the CC is expected to interface with other key leaders across the business, as well as address the needs of our private equity ownership team, lenders and other external constituents (i.e., Strategists, suppliers, customers and partners). This individual must possess the desire to meet high standards for work product and be able to collaborate effectively with demanding internal and external stakeholders. The Corporate Controller is expected to oversee all accounting matters of the business, including closing, consolidation, general ledger administration, receivables and payables management, cash management and cash forecasting, capital expenditures, lender reporting, monthly financial reporting, sales & use tax reporting. The Corporate Controller is expected to work closely with the organization’s Revenue & Commissions and FP&A Teams. This position requires the ability to operate and succeed in a collaborative environment and be able to design, implement and manage processes/KPI’s which ensure financial information is delivered in a timely and accurate manner. Additionally, as needed, the Corporate Controller will be required to actively participate and manage the integration of acquisitions which are expected to continue to occur at a steady pace. The Corporate Controller will be expected to participate in setting team and individual goals and assist in the overall development of the accounting team members.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Builder: Has worked in high growth environments and understands how to build the accounting infrastructure (technology, people, process) that can withstand the growth in acquisitive environment.
- Experience in a PE environment: Preferably this person will have worked in a Private Equity backed environment and understand the associated pace and rigor.
- M&A Experience: Bridgepointe has a significant amount of M&A; ideally this person will have worked at highly acquisitive companies.
- Industry Expertise: Ideally this person has services experience. Preferably IT services or technology services
- Collaborator: Ability to achieve goals through collaboration, effective communication, continuous improvement, and successful execution
- Strong Executive Level communications: Ability to work at the board level and communicate key accounting and financial issues to the various stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFICIENCIES
- 10+ Years of Relevant Experience including supervisory experience.
- Strong accounting and financial skills with significant general ledger experience
- Strong Technical accounting knowledge, including but not limited to ASC 606.
- Track Record of Process Improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional level of customer service, professionalism, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player, willing to share ideas, driven to improve processes.
- Self-motivated, completes tasks, interested in learning new ideas, embraces change, achieves results, high performer.
- High level of comfort with technology tools; prior experience with general ledger migration and consolidation projects desired.
- Experience working in a Private Equity environment and M&A integration activities.
- Proficient in the complete suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with recurring revenue business and services companies preferred.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required; public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA required.
- Company subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Care benefits
- HSA Plans • Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Company-paid AD&D and Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible and innovative work environment
To apply for this position please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.